North London Prep School Before and After School Care provides before and after school activities for children aged 7 to 11, in a safe, happy environment, supervised by caring, experienced staff.
Children eligible to join North London Prep School Before and After School Care
Any child attending North London Prep School is eligible.
The breakfast club is open from 7:30 am to 8:45 am, and breakfast is provided if you wish your child/ren to have some. There is a choice of breakfast which includes cereals, toast, yoghurts & fruits.
Please ensure your child is at the club 15mins before the end time if you would like them to have breakfast.
The children can then sit and do quiet activities and play before taking to school at 8.40 am.
After School Care
After school care is open from 3:15 p.m. to 5.45 p.m, each afternoon there is a planned play session led by one of our qualified playworkers, and there are also plenty of games and themed activities to choose from. There is a quiet area set aside where children can read, rest or do homework. A light snack is provided on arrival. The menu includes a selection of freshly made sandwiches, cheese and crackers and crumpets. The choice of snack changes regularly.
Does my child have to stay for a whole session?
No, you can collect your child/ren when it is convenient for you. However, if you have booked a full session and arrive early to pick up your child/ren, we cannot offer you a refund If you have booked a place in advance and wish to cancel it, you need to give us 24-hour notice, or you will be charged. Please contact us via the club mobile, email or the school office.
Care Staff supervises children attending After School Care during club hours until they are collected by their parent/guardian (or an authorised adult). Children aged 9 years of age and under will not be permitted to go home unaccompanied and children 10 years of age and over may do so only with the parent/guardian’s written permission. This written permission needs to clearly state the time the child may leave (and on which dates) parents/guardians are reminded that they have full responsibility for their child/ren from the time they are signed out of the club by a staff member.
Registration and Payment
Before your child can start, you will need to fill out a Registration Form, and there is a one-off registration charge of £5. Please book and pay for your sessions in advance. You can pay monthly or weekly to suit your needs. We accept cash, cheques or internet payments made through the school payment system.
All fees are re-cycled back into the club, and this is a non-profit-making organisation.
Once your family is registered with the club, you can book emergency places at any time. These should be paid for on the day. Ask the school office to contact us. Alternatively, call in and speak to us during club opening times.
Activities and daily routines
The range of activities that the children can do at the club varies over the weeks. Here are just a few examples:
- Art and Craft
- Games and puzzles
- Parachute games
- Outdoor play (dependent on weather)
There is a planned activity led by one of our playworkers each day that the children can choose to participate in.
Charges from September 2019
|Breakfast Club||7.30am – 8.45am||£6.00|
|Afterschool Care||3.15pm – 4.15pm||£6.00|
|3.15pm – 5.45pm||£15.00|
|*||4.15pm – 5.45pm||£9.00|
* Children booked into Breakfast and Afterschool care on a day where they attend an afterschool club, e.g. football which ends at 4.15 pm will be charged £9 up to 5.45 pm.
|Registration Fee – One-off registration fee per family||£5|
|Late Collection||3.15 pm – 5.45 pm session||£15 per quarter hour after 5.45 pm|
|3.15pm – 4.15pm session||Additional £9 between 4.15 pm and 5.45 pm|
For more information on fees in general, please click here.
A discount of 10% will be given on the above fees for bookings for second and subsequent children in the same family.
Users of both clubs
There will be a discount for people attending both Breakfast and After school care.
Payment of Fees
Payment must be made in advance or on the day. Booking Forms are available from the Main Office and at the clubs.
Online: payments can be made via the school website.
Cheque: Payable to ‘North London Grammar School’. Please write your child’s name, class and which club the payment is for on the back of your cheque to ensure the correct allocation of monies.
Cash: Main Office. Money should be in a sealed envelope and clearly state your child’s name, class and which club the payment is for.
Please note: Should you require a change from your payment, please state this on the envelope.
After School Care
Opening Times & Price:
3.15 p.m. – 4.15 p.m. = £6.00
3.15 p.m. – 5.45 p.m. = £15.00
4.15 p.m. – 5.45 p.m. = £9.00
You may collect your child at any time between 3.15 p.m. and 5.45 p.m. However, if you have booked a full session and arrive early to pick up your child/ren, we cannot offer you a refund. The authorised adult must sign the attendee out from the club. After 5.45 p.m. = £15 late fee for each quarter-hour and you will be required to attend a meeting with the club manager.
Opening Times & Price:
7.30 a.m. – 8.30 a.m. = £6.00 with or without breakfast.
Breakfast is served up to 8.30 a.m.
You may drop your child into Breakfast Club any time between 7.30 a.m. and 8.30 a.m.
An authorised adult must sign the attendee into the club.
Parents/carers must keep track of their payments and the total sum required for the booking period. The finance team will issue a receipt once they have received payment. If you have not had a receipt within two school days, please enquire at the Main Office.
You have paid in advance, and your child did not attend however you have given a 24-hour notice, we will reverse the charge, and the money will remain on your account.
If you have not paid in advance, on the day or within 24 hours of receiving an invoice for the session, the monies will be outstanding to the school, and your child will not be able to take part in any extended school services until this payment has been made.
The Care Leader staff reserve the right to refuse any child entry into the club if payment has not been made, including late collection charges and any other outstanding fees from other extended school services.
- Please remember that The Breakfast Club and After School are open on days that the school opens to the pupils. We are not charging the parents/carers for days that the club is not available.
- The Care Leader staff reserve the right to exclude any child whose behaviour is disruptive, following the school’s behaviour policy.
- An authorised adult must sign the attendee into Breakfast Club each morning they attend.
- The authorised adult must sign the attendee out of the After School Care each afternoon they attend and should leave without delay.
- After School Care starts at 3.15 pm and finishes at 5.45 pm, parents can collect children any time before 5.45 pm.
- Please note: school finishes at 3.15 pm. Children are in the teacher’s care up until 3.25 pm after which they will transfer the students to the After School Care even if the students attend the After School Care for a few minutes the charge is still payable.
- To access the clubs, parents/carers must use the main entrance gate and ring the bell when they arrive at the door.
- Parents/carers who collect their child after 5.45 p.m. will incur a late collection charge of £15.00 for every quarter-hour and must pay this charge before their child continues to attend any extended school services.
Sickness, Accidents, First Aid and Emergencies
If a child becomes ill during a session, every attempt will be made to contact one of the people listed on the Registration Form to arrange the sick child’s collection. We will take care of the child until collection. In the case of a minor accident, basic First Aid will be administered. Medication can only be administered with specific written instructions from a parent/guardian.
In the case of an accident requiring more than basic First Aid, every attempt will be made to contact the parent/guardian to discuss the course of action to be taken. If a child needs emergency hospital treatment, the staff will first call an ambulance and then attempt to contact the parent/guardian and continue to do so until successful. A staff member will accompany the child to the hospital and remain with them until a parent/guardian arrives.
Please note: the Registration Form contains an Authorisation giving the Care Leader permission to act “in loco parentis,” e.g. the parent/guardian cannot be contacted in time, the Care Leader will invoke that authority to take action to gain appropriate medical treatment for the child. If you do not wish to give such authorisation, please delete the relevant paragraph on the Registration Form.
North London Prep School Before and After School care cannot accept any child to attend a session unless the parents complete and sign the Registration Form and submit it to the office.
Parents/guardians are responsible for ensuring that they always update the school for the contact details.
To contact the Care Leader during a session, please telephone the main office 020 8205 0052
Correspondence may be sent to the Club at the school address or via email to email@example.com.
North London Prep School is a no smoking site. Please retain this information.
Safety and Security of Children
The safety and security of children attending our club are essential, and everyone concerned has a part to play. This policy has four features setting out everyone’s responsibilities involved with the club; parents, guardians, children, and staff.
1. Responsibilities of parents/guardians
- Ensure that the contact details they have provided to the club are correct and that the Care leader is told about any changes.
- Notifying the Care leader if their child/ren will be arriving late for the club for any reason, e.g. after school activities.
- Notifying the club if their child/ren are not attending for a booked session for any reason. Please note that refunds cannot be given for cancelled sessions.
- Letting the Care leader know during a session if they anticipate being later than planned to collect their child/ren.
- Letting the Care leader know if they have any concerns about their child/ren relating to the club.
- Gaining access to the building to collect their child/ren ONLY via the club room and not asking children or other parents/guardians to let them in.
NB. Messages can be left with the school office or the Care leader.
2. Responsibilities of children
- Children are responsible for listening to club staff when they are told which parts of the school they may play because this may be different on different days. For example, they may not be able to play outside every day.
- Children must not leave the area they are playing in without telling a member of the club staff.
- Children must not open the club room’s the outside door to let in parents or anyone else, even if they are known to the children.
3. Responsibilities of Club staff
Club staff is responsible for:
- Checking with the school office whether any messages have been left about non-attendance.
- Collecting all children from their classroom teacher at the end of school and taking them to the club room.
- Ensuring children play safely and do not take unnecessary risks while attending the club.
- Recording any incidents or accidents that may occur accurately, and discussing these on the same day with the person who collects the child concerned.
- Ensuring that at least one member of the club staff is aware of each child’s whereabouts during the session.
- Only handing over a child to a responsible person named by the parent/guardian on their contact sheet.
- Recording the time the child leaves in the register.