You can find the Homework Guidelines below:
1. Homework is an essential part of your learning at NLPS.
2. Homework helps you to extend and to reinforce your classwork.
3. It helps you prepare for future education and encourages you to become independent and responsible.
4. It helps you develop skills like good time management, self-discipline, and determination.
5. We have high expectations of our pupils.
6. We hope you enjoy doing your homework and that you always try your hardest.
7. Homework is set according to the School Homework Policy.
8. Y3 & Y4: Once a week. Homework is set on every Friday to be returned on Wednesday.
9. Y5 & Y6: Twice a week. Homework is set on every Monday and Thursday.
10. Children also keep a daily reading record book. We recommend 30 min daily reading, preferably with an adult.
Here are some tips on how to get the best out of homework
1. Write your homework details down clearly and carefully in your planner.
2. Make sure you understand the homework when it is set. Ask the teacher if you are not sure.
3. Try to do your homework on the day it is set while it is still fresh in your mind. Please don’t leave it to the night before it should be handed in.
4. Get into a routine with homework times. Set time each night. Organise and plan your time. Hand it in on time.
5. Work in a place that suits you best.
6. If it is a complicated piece of writing (like a story, essay, or report) draft it out in rough first.
1. If you are doing a long stint, give yourself a couple of breaks during it so that you don’t get too tired. Reward yourself with a treat if you have worked really hard.
2. If you are stuck, try to get your parents or an older brother or sister to help (but not to do your homework)
3. Try to improve on the fundamental task set. For example, use extra detail, explanations, or illustrations.
4. Always check through your work to spot mistakes and to add any final touches.