At North London Grammar School, we committed to safeguarding children and young people and we expect everyone who works in our school to share this commitment. Adults in our school take all welfare concerns seriously and encourage children and young people to talk about anything that worries them. We will always act in the best interests of the child.
Some children have an increased risk of abuse, and additional barriers can exist for some children with respect to recognising or disclosing it. We are committed to anti-discriminatory practice. NLGS also recognises children’s diverse circumstances. We ensure that all children have the same protection, regardless of any barriers they may face
The school aims to ensure that:
- we take appropriate action in a timely manner to safeguard and promote children’swelfare
- All staff are aware of their statutory responsibilities with respect to safeguarding
- We properly trained our staff in recognising and reporting safeguarding issues.
Safeguarding for the parents
- ‘Our school recognizes our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils. NLGS will endeavor to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. Our team will be alert to the signs of abuse and neglect. We will follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection, and justice.’
- Our team have put together this booklet to give you some information about how we meet our safeguarding and child protection responsibilities. We have also included some tips to help you to keep your child safe.
- Headteacher/Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mr Fatih Adak
- 02082050052 email@example.com
- School Secretary
- If you have any questions about this booklet, or if you would like to see our child protection policy, please contact: Mr Fatih Adak
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OR WELFARE OF YOUR CHILD,OR A CHILD YOU KNOW, YOU SHOULD ACT WITHOUT DELAY.YOU CAN ASK FOR ADVICE, OR REPORT YOUR CONCERN TO: Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) in Barnet
Through Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Telephone: 020 8359 4066
Out-of-hours duty team
Telephone: 020 8359 2000
Telephone: 0808 800 5000
For the full information booklet please click here