Mr. Hakan Gokce – Head Teacher
Mr. Omar Salahuddin – Deputy Headteacher, Head of KS4 and Teaching and Learning
- Following completion of a BSc (Hons) in Multimedia Computing at University of Westminster, I immediately started my PGCE ICT at Middlesex University (2008) as I have always aspired to become a teacher. I worked as a Teacher of ICT before being appointed as a Head of Computer Science, a position I held for 2 years. I completed a PGDE and MA in Education at Edge Hill University and held the position of Head of Community Interventions for two years. I have worked in state schools including academies, LEA and a CoE school. I was headhunted for Assistant Headteacher at North London Grammar School in April 2015 in charge of KS3, Computer Science, Data, E-Safety and ICT Provisions.
I am currently training for Headship through UCL – IoE for an NPQH.Outside the school, I am currently working with a local school to improve standards and raise student achievement. Since September 2016, I have been working as a Deputy Headteacher, with the responsibility for Teaching and Learning and KS4. Working closely with other experienced senior and middle leaders and leading a larger team has exposed me to an invaluable experience. I am fully aligned with the school’s inclusive values and am glad to be part of the excellent staff body serving North London Grammar School.
Mrs Seval Bilici – Deputy Headteacher, Behaviour and Mentoring
Mr. Murat Tiknaz – Head of Boarding
Max Federici – Assistant Head Teacher, Head of Key Stage 5 and Community Cohesion.
After graduating from the University of Birmingham in 2002 with a degree in Geography (BSc). I completed my PGCE in 2003, under the expert guidance of Paul Weedon and Graham Butt, two inspirational tutors who played a key role in developing Assessment for Learning. I immediately gained employment at Beaumont School, St. Albans where I taught Geography and was the International Dimension Coordinator, in charge of the Comenius Project.
In 2009 I took a sabbatical year to work in New Zealand at Waitakere College, Auckland, where I was appointed Head of Geography. It was a very enriching experience and taught me a range of new teaching approaches including Te Kotahitanga. I returned to the UK in 2010 and secured employment at St. Albans Girls’ School where I held key positions including Head of Geography, Head of Years 10 and 11 and Assistant Head of Post 16.
My current responsibilites at North London Grammar include leading the Sixth Form, Cover, PTA and Community Cohesion. I believe strongly in developing Growth Mindsets, in both students and teachers and I believe that these are the key to unlocking everyone’s full potential. I feel very fortunate to be working with such dedicated teachers and senior leaders who always go the extra mile to provide an outstanding experience for our students.
Mrs. Lena Dhrona – Assistant Head Teacher, Head of Key Stage 3, Attendance, Punctuality & Student Welfare.
- Graduated with a BA Hons Degree in Accounting & Finance in 1994 and gained experience in industry and practice as a Trainee Accountant. I later specialised in Payroll and set up my Payroll Bureau in 1999. In 2001 whilst successfully running my business I had a dream and that was to be able to “make a difference to people’s lives.”
- Hence, in 2007 I completed my PGCE at the Institute of Education in the Post Compulsory Sector with Masters, whilst working as a variable hour’s lecturer since 2002. In 2010, I qualified with subject specialism in mathematics for the lifelong learning sector at Masters Level.
- I have worked in the Further Education sector for over 14 years delivering Functional Skills Maths across the different level, GSCE Maths and Free Standing Maths Qualification and project managing school, public and private sector staff upskilling projects.
- My passion to “make a difference”, has driven me to become a facilitator in the classroom encouraging active learning to enable students to build confidence and self-esteem achieving Mastery Level. I have achieved accreditation as a Post 16 Professional Development Lead from the National Centre of Excellence in Teaching Mathematics in 2015. I have been certified as outstanding by Ofsted and in my role as a Pedagogy Lead, training teachers to achieve excellence. I have delivered professional training on embedding maths in vocational areas, motivating maths to re-sit GCSE students, use of ICT in maths, active learning and classroom management.
- My genuine belief is that by sharing best practice, being passionate and keeping the students at the centre of planning, we as teachers can unite to give every young person the chance to succeed. At North London Grammar School my role is Head of Keystage 3 and Assistant Head with key for responsibilities attendance, punctuality and student welfare. I enjoy working as part of the Senior Leadership Team as there is a genuine interest in educating the pupils to achieve to their highest potential and to become well rounded polished citizens. The biggest asset the school has is the Headteacher as he humbly takes an active role in running the school with a community spirit keeping the students at the centre of all decisions.